Cheese and Meat Sambousek
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of chopped garlic
300 grams of minced lamb
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons sumac
3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
Salt and Pepper
400 grams of feta cheese
200 grams of mozzarella cheese
1 egg white
4 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
• Shift flour into a large bowl and add baking powder and salt.
• Add 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1 cup of warm water and mix well using your hands or a spoon until you get a soft paste and a homogeneous mixture.
• Cover the dough and leave for two hours.
• In a large saucepan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil.
• Add onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until it becomes soft.
• Add meat, paprika, cinnamon, sumac, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add mint, pomegranate molasses and pine nuts and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
• In a small bowl, add feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg white and thyme and mix the ingredients together.
• Cut the dough into balls on a flat surface and sprinkle it with flour and form them into small circles.
• Fill each circle with a mixture of meat or cheese, then close it and press its edges with a fork.
• Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil in a pot at 170 ° C.
• Deep fry the samosa pastry until golden and then it’s ready to be served.