Cheese and Thyme Manakish
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon instant yeast
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup warm water
1 cup thyme
250 grams of Akawi cheese
250 grams of mozzarella cheese
• Shift the flour into a large bowl.
• Add the sugar, salt and yeast, and mix together well.
• Add 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1 cup of warm water and mix well by hands or a spoon until it becomes a homogeneous mixture and a soft paste.
• Brush the dough with olive oil, and cover it with a piece of cloth for two hours.
• In a small bowl, mix the thyme with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
• In another bowl, mix together Akkawi cheese and mozzarella.
• Divide the dough into 3-4 pieces, then roll each one on a flat surface with flour until it forms a large circle.
• Cut the dough into a medium-sized circle.
• Repeat this process until you get the required number of pies.
• Spread the olive oil and thyme mixture on some pies and the cheese mixture on top of some of the other pies, bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes and then it’s ready to serve.