Meat Pie with Dough
6 cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons of instant yeast
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup yogurt
2 cups warm water
500 grams of minced lamb
6 tablespoons of tahini
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 grains of chopped onions
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
Salt and Pepper
Pine nuts and pomegranate to decorate
• Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
• Shift the flour over a large bowl with the addition of sugar, salt and yeast.
• Add 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 cup of warm water, and 1/2 cup of yogurt and mix all the ingredients well with your hands or a spoon until you get a soft dough and a homogeneous mixture.
• Brush the dough with olive oil, and cover it with a cloth for two hours.
• In a large bowl, mix the meat with tahini, garlic, onion, parsley, mint and pomegranate molasses.
• Add cinnamon, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
• Divide the dough into 3-4 pieces, then roll each one on a flat surface with the flour until it forms a medium-sized circle.
• Spread the meat mixture over each pie using a spoon.
• Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
• Place pine nuts and pomegranate on top and it’s ready to serve.