1 cup of chopped cabbage
1 piece of chopped potato
1 cup of chopped celery
1 chopped carrot
1 cup of chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup red beans
2 slices of French bread
Salt and Pepper
• Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
• Add the onion, celery and carrots along with the chili flakes and salt.
• Cook until the vegetables are slightly tender.
• Add spinach, garlic, potatoes and cabbage to chicken stock with salt and pepper and stir.
• Add tomato sauce and stir well and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
• Add the red beans in the last 20 minutes.
• Season the bread slices with olive oil and black pepper.
• Put them in the oven for two minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
• Pour the soup into a bowl and serve with toast.