Couscous with Chicken and Vegetables
4 pieces of chicken thighs
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon saffron
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 cup of chopped onion
A bunch of fresh coriander
2 cups of couscous
1 cup of canned chickpeas
• Season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper.
•Then sprinkle it with olive oil, then rub it on all sides to cover completely, cover and place in the refrigerator for two hours.
• Then chop the pumpkin, sweet potato and carrots into large cubes.
• Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large steamer.
• Add chicken thighs, saffron, turmeric, salt, black pepper, ginger, bay leaf and tomato paste and mix well until combined.
• Add the squash, sweet potato, carrot, and onion.
• Add 2 cups of warm water, then add coriander on top.
• Cover the bowl and cook for 15 minutes.
• Rinse the couscous with cold water, then put it in a colander until it is completely drained.
• Add couscous to the steamer. And cook for 15 minutes.
• Remove the cap, add a cup of warm water to the couscous, and rub it again.
• Remove the vegetables from the saucepan and set aside on a plate.
• Add the chickpeas to the couscous and continue cooking, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
• Put the couscous in a large serving dish. Put chicken and vegetables on top.
• Pour the chicken and vegetable sauce all over the plate and it’s ready to serve.