Roasted Leg of Lamb
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
10 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of mustard
A piece of lamb thigh (2 kg)
1 onion, chopped
200 ml warm water
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper
• Heat the oven to 240 ° C.
• Chop 5 cloves of garlic and 3-4 sprigs of rosemary.
• In a medium bowl, mix mustard, salt and black pepper with half a cup of olive oil until combined.
• Using a sharp knife, make slits 2.5 cm long and 1.5 cm deep all over the leg of the lamb.
• Fill the cracks with the olive oil mixture, then brush the whole leg of the lamb with the mixture.
• Put rosemary, garlic, and onions all over the baking tray.
• Sprinkle it with half a cup of olive oil, then add the water.
• Roast for 30 minutes.
• Reduce the heat to 180 ° C and leave to roast for an hour. Set aside.
• To prepare the sauce, pour the roasting broth into a saucepan over medium heat.
• Add the flour and chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes, with constant stirring.
• Cut the lamb into slices and sprinkle with the sauce, and it is ready to be served.