Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
250 grams of spaghetti pasta
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1 cup tomato sauce
1 clove of minced garlic
• Boil one cup of water in a medium bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to it.
• Add the pasta to the bowl along with the salt.
• Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, then add onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
• Remove the cooked spaghetti from the water and leave for a few minutes in a colander.
• Add the spaghetti to the tomato sauce mixture and mix them together well and stir the mixture over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
• Garnish with fresh basil and it’s ready to serve hot.