Spinach and Beetroot Salad
4 small beets
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup of walnuts
2 cups spinach
1/4 cup goat cheese cubes
1/2 cup brown sugar
Salt and pepper
• Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
• Pierce the beetroot with a toothpick and place it on an oven tray.
• Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 45 minutes.
• Remove the beetroot and cut it into slices.
• In a small bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper.
• Add the walnuts to a large skillet over low heat with brown sugar. Stir for 10 minutes, until smooth.
• In a large bowl add the slices of spinach and beetroot.
• Add caramel nuts and goat cheese on top, season with olive oil mixture and it’s ready to serve.