Fusilli alla Caprese
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
500 grams of fusilli pasta
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
3 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
Salt and Pepper
1 cup fresh basil
1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup lemon juice
• Add the pasta to a bowl of boiling water with two tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of salt.
• Drain the pasta from the water and set aside.
• In another pot over medium heat, heat two tablespoons of olive oil with the addition of garlic, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper.
• Cook for 4 minutes until crushed tomatoes.
• Add the cooked pasta in a large bowl and add the tomato mixture to it and mix well.
• Add fresh basil and mozzarella cheese and then it is ready to be served hot.